Our Incubator Kitchen grew out of the necessity of our community’s farmers market vendors and value-added food producers who were encountering problems securing commercial kitchen space. They needed a convenient and affordable kitchen that provided them with Health Department Certified space, as well as the services and support that were necessary for their businesses to flourish.
Chiknegg’s Incubator Kitchen offers a mixture of traditional kitchen prep space for food entrepreneurs and classes for consumers. We are conveniently located about halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville, right off I-64. We will do everything we can to help you hatch your food business!
We use The Food Corridor to manage our booking, document management, invoicing, and payment systems.
With The Food Corridor, you will have access to:
- Easy kitchen scheduling and a one-stop-shop account monitoring from your phone, tablet, or computer
- Easy payments, tracking, and reporting of all your kitchen related expenses
- Expiration date tracking for your Food Protection Manager Certification and your General Liability insurance.
- Create an account on The Corridor.
- Follow the TFC New Kitchen Tenant Checklist to get started.
- You must first submit your Application and signed Rental Agreement.
- Use the links in the Checklist to pay your Application Fee and Security Deposit.
- Set up your payment method in your Account Settings on TFC.
- Begin uploading your required documents in your Documents tab. If you don’t have these document yet…don’t fluff your feathers!!! We can assist you with that!
- You can schedule an Informational Call or Kitchen Tour if you’d like. Contact info is on the Checklist.
- Once you make your way through the list and your application is approved, you can Schedule your first booking on our Shared Calendar and get cooking!
User Orientation. Each user must schedule a time prior to their first rental time slot to go through a User Orientation. This generally takes 15 minutes. The Kitchen Manager provides a walk-through, equipment demonstration, clean-up procedures, VDH hand-outs and/or other pertinent materials, and answers questions. Info on how to schedule is on the above Checklist.
Access Code. Once you have applied and been approved and followed all of the above steps, you will be emailed an Access Code for the front door. Keep the code in a safe place – either print it out and carry it with you, or store it on your phone. To request a new Access Code, email us.
VDH or VDACS Inspection Process. The Kitchen Manager can assist you with your application to either VDH or VDACS. Just follow the above Checklist and once your application is approved, there will be additional documents and instructions available to you on The Food Corridore.
~ Liz Kiniry, CHACE bars